Hi babes! More often than not, I am the smallest one in the group. I’ve embraced my petite-ness ages ago, yet, sometimes, it just feels nice to look tall. For some reason, don’t ask me why, being tall is seen as a characteristic of beauty. I was actually going to discuss the outfit itself, but when I looked at the pictures, I realised I looked really super tall. This is why I came up with 5 tips for when you want to mislead people into thinking you have Karlie Kloss’ or Gigi Hadid’s endless legs.
- Wear black. Wearing black is a classic fashion trick that works on all ages, and all styles. Even though stylists tend to hate it when people wear ‘black-only’, I absolutely love it. It’s right in my comfort zone and it makes me look slimmer too. If worn in pants, they also make you look taller, especially when they’re regular to really skinny.
- Wear vertical lines. This is also a famous one. Horizontal lines will make you look larger, whereas vertical lines will slim you down, and with that, make you look taller as well. The ruffles on my blouse are making a subtle vertical line, which are creating the illusion a longer upper-body and longer legs. It’s all in the details.
- Avoid baggy clothing. Baggy clothing might be trending right now, they also make you look smaller. Which is totally okay. But I’m giving tips to look taller so if you want to achieve this, do away with baggy clothes. Skinny jeans, fitting blouses, leg-hugging boots,… They all help you achieve that model-like height.
- Tug your shirt in your pants/skirt. Especially when worn with high-rise jeans, this will make you look super tall. It adds at least 5 cm to your legs.
- Wear Heals. Okay, I admit, this is a very obvious one. But hey, it works. And the heals don’t need to be Louboutin-height. I wear 4cm heals every day. That way I look a tiny bit taller, without risking breaking my neck on our rubbish Belgian streets.
- * Get surgery. Nah, just kidding. Did you know there are actually people who get knee operations in order to achieve ‘model-height’. Being tall might be seen as desirable but it really isn’t the end of the world when you’re petite, like me. For one, people will always think you’re younger than you actually are and that’s a plus. At the end of the day, everyone is different and we are all beautiful in our own ways. If looking tall makes you feel more confident, then by all means, try out these 5 tips. But never even think you’re not good enough because you’re not 1m90.
Details of the outfit: Hat, Blouse, Pants and Shoes: Zara – Bag: Gucci
As always, have a lovely day!